Envision System Requirements
- A working implementation of WinSPC version 8 (or newer). The database for this implementation must be one of the following: SQL Server (all editions from 2005-2012, including Express editions), Oracle 9i, Oracle 10g, or Oracle 11g.
- A web server machine (that will host the Envision system and processes) with:
- One of the following operating systems: Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit). (Microsoft Windows IIS must be running on the operating system.)
- At least 1 GB of available hard disk.
- Internet Explorer 5 or newer. (Required for the XML parsing module.)
- Network access to the WinSPC database(s) that Envision will access.
- 32-bit ODBC drivers for those WinSPC database(s). (Note: Even if the web server is 64-bit, the 32-bit ODBC drivers still need to be installed.)
- Access to an SMTP server for WinSPC Envision email functionality.
- Processor and available RAM (meaning RAM in addition to the amount required by the server operating system and other applications) suitable to the number of Envision users as detailed in the following table:
Users Processor Available RAM <10 Single core 1GHz+ class CPU 256 MB 10-50 Dual core 1.5GHz+ class CPU 512 MB 51-100 Dual core 2GHz+ class CPU 1 GB
- Additional capacity as required by the server machine’s operating system (according to Microsoft’s documentation) and by other applications that will be running concurrently with Envision. (Note: The Envision server can be considered both a web server and an application server for hardware and software planning purposes.)
- Client systems with:
- A suitable web browser/operating system combination, such as: Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox 24 on Windows XP; Internet Explorer 10 or Firefox 24 on Windows 7; and Safari on Apple iOS 7. (These combinations were tested in DataNet’s quality assurance lab. Combinations omitted from this list do not imply incompatibility with WinSPC Envision. Envision supports a variety of client and web browser combinations. DataNet support will do its best to assist installations using combinations other than those listed here.)
It is recommended to have the latest service packs and patches installed for all operating systems, databases, web browsers, and other software.
If you have any questions regarding the system requirements, please contact DataNet technical support by phone (248-447-0140) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).