WinSPC version 9 is now in General Release and is available for all new and existing customers.
All customers with an active ESC (Extended Service Coverage) account are eligible to receive the new version and any services representative will be happy to discuss your plans or options.
WinSPC version 9 is a major release incorporating many effort-years of investment to help WinSPC keep pace with the demanding needs of customers.
Key content changes include:
- A Contemporary New Look: An update of WinSPC’s entire look-and-feel, including every button on every tool bar.
- Enhanced Installation: The installation process for WinSPC clients as well as the WinSPC application server has been substantially enhanced. It now provides even better security and simplifies the readying of multiple instances on the same station. As part of the latter enhancement, new capability for both repairing and uninstalling instances is introduced. (Feature Request Number: 861, 1822.)
- New Archiving Capability: A reengineering of your ability to archive content and work with archives after-the-fact. The new archiving capability allows for archives to be stored in an Oracle or SQL Server database, scheduled for automatic execution, and accessed using WinSPC’s standard analysis and reporting tools. (Feature Request Number: 803.)
- Enhanced Security Configuration Utility: A redesign of the WinSPC Security Configuration utility to make applying WinSPC-specific permissions both easier and more flexible.
- Active Directory Integration: Support for Active Directory, Microsoft’s technology for managing users. This feature facilitates the automatic creation and management of WinSPC users with Active Directory and allows for automated login to WinSPC based on the current Windows user. (Feature Request Number: 248.)
- Report Designer Enhancements: New ability to report on attribute and collection plan data and a comprehensive self-study guide for users to learn the Report Designer in depth. (Feature Request Numbers: 546, 670, 823, 856, 927, 936, 1034, 1037, 1050, 1069, 1100, 1108, 1174, 1426, 1591.)
- The Attribute Analyzer: A new tool for analyzing an attribute, similar to the Variable Analyzer introduced in the Version 8 series for analyzing a variable. (Feature Request Numbers: 116, 168, 323, 492, 823, 1050, 1214, 1302, 1591.)
- New Options for Exporting Data: New ability to export attribute data and enhanced ability to export variable data. (Feature Request Numbers: 168, 492, 1050.)
- Improved Procedures for Forcing Logouts: Reorganized tools and procedures for forcing the logout of users when required. (Feature Request Number: 772, 1502.)
- Streamlined License Management: Enhanced tools and options for license management tasks. (Feature Request Number: 772, 1502.)
- Reengineered Database Migration Procedure: A new Migration Wizard that simplifies and enhances the migration of a WinSPC database.
- New User Permissions for the Administrator Window: A new, more intuitive structure for managing Administrator window user permissions.
- Expanded Chart Schemes: A reworking of color schemes that is so significant that a new name—chart schemes—had to be adopted. (Feature Request Numbers: 987, 1112, 1269, 1405, 1427, 1551, 1699.)
- New Easier-to-Use Administrator Window: Two new Administrator window features: the ability to resize icons and enhanced cut/copy/paste functionality. (Feature Request Numbers: 87, 1268.)
- Updated Compatibility with Current Windows and Database Platforms: Internal lab certification of Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 for use with WinSPC. (Full Windows 10, MS SQL 2014 and Oracle 12 certifications will be included in the first maintenance release of 2016.) (Feature Request Number: 1374.)
- More Powerful Data Sets: Data sets extended to attributes and collection plans. (Feature Request Number: 856.)
- Enhanced WinSPC Security Utility: The WinSPC Security Utility has been modified to permit the selection of domains. This enables users of the utility to be logged into one domain and grant WinSPC permissions to users and user groups who are members of other domains. (Feature Request Number: 664.)
Your main facility contact should have received an email invitation to download and upgrade to WinSPC version 9. If interested, please contact our WinSPC Product Support by phone (248.447.0140) or by email (email@example.com) to discuss your plans for an upgrade. WinSPC Product Support is available Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. EST. USA
About DataNet Quality Systems
DataNet Quality Systems empowers manufacturers to improve products, processes, and profitability through real-time statistical software solutions. The company’s vision is to deliver trusted and capable technology solutions that allow manufacturers to create the highest quality product for the lowest possible cost. DataNet’s flagship product, WinSPC, provides statistical decision-making at the point of production and delivers real-time, actionable information to where it is needed most. With thousands of installed facilities worldwide and distributors across the globe, DataNet is dedicated to delivering a high level of customer service and support, shop-floor expertise, and professional Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing services.