May 14, 2016
WinSPC version 9.0.2 has been released and is now available for download.
Customers with an active ESC (Extended Service Coverage) account are eligible to receive the new version.
FEATURES IN RELEASE 9.0.2
The following new features are included in this release:
- WinSPC Application Server Specifics Displayed for Easy Reference: To streamline the installation and upgrade of a WinSPC application server instance, the instance’s version number and instance name are now displayed within WinSPC. The number and name can be found on the Server tab of the System Settings window. (Feature Request Number: 1821.)
- Enhanced Installation: The installation process for WinSPC clients as well as the WinSPC application server has been substantially enhanced. It now provides even better security and simplifies the readying of multiple instances on the same station. As part of the latter enhancement, new capability for both repairing and uninstalling instances is introduced. (Feature Request Number: 861, 1822.)
- Enhanced WinSPC Security Utility: The WinSPC Security Utility has been modified to permit the selection of domains. This enables users of the utility to be logged into one domain and grant WinSPC permissions to users and user groups who are members of other domains. (Feature Request Number: 664.)
- Single-Click Access to Important Directories: The WinSPC remote directory, also known as the shared WinSPC folder, is now accessible by clicking a link in WinSPC’s About window (which itself is accessible from the WinSPC Help menu). Similar single-click access has also been added for the WinSPC Application Directory and the WinSPC Data Directory. (Feature Request Number: 734.)
- More Favorable Permissions for the Shared WinSPC Folder: The requirement to grant the Authenticated Users group permission to the shared WinSPC folder has been dropped. When installing the WinSPC application server, all that is now required is that the application server machine itself be granted Read level Security permission to the shared WinSPC folder (assuming the shared folder is on a machine other than the application server machine). When installing WinSPC on additional WinSPC clients, permissions beyond those applied by the WinSPC Security Utility are no longer required. (Feature Request Number: 1847.)
FIXES IN RELEASE 9.0.2
Fixes for the following defect numbers are included in this release:
3585: In the report designer, the PointsPerGraph property of the WinSPCChart component now works as expected.
3596: A Remote Desktop Services client that suffers a fatal error can now successfully reload the collection plan that was active at the time of the error.
3599: The access violation that sometimes occurred when exiting WinSPC no longer occurs.
3615: Collection plans that contain multiple prompted network devices no longer generate an access violation when exiting Data Collection.
3616: Upgrades no longer occasionally result in two or more report templates having the same name.
3619: The ReadyForLogin property of the OLE DataCollection object now functions as intended.
3620: The performance of data-intensive reports in environments with an active application server has been enhanced.
3621: The CollectingAsStationName and CollectingAsStationID properties of the OLE DataCollection object now properly set the station alias.
3625: Long lists of Active Directory user groups are now imported quickly into WinSPC.
3631: Data can now be filtered by tags when running WinSPC in a Chinese Simplified Windows environment
3636: Archiving data that contains a large number of tags now takes significantly less time.
3647: Data can now be collected using a virtual Serial device in Remote Desktop Services (formerly known as Terminal Services) environments.
Your main facility contact should have received an email containing the download information for WinSPC 9.0.2. If not, please contact our WinSPC Product Support by phone (248.447.0140) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request the download information or if you need assistance with the upgrade. WinSPC Product Support is available Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. EST.
About DataNet Quality Systems
DataNet Quality Systems empowers manufacturers to improve products, processes, and profitability through real-time statistical software solutions. The company’s vision is to deliver trusted and capable technology solutions that allow manufacturers to create the highest quality product for the lowest possible cost. DataNet’s flagship product, WinSPC, provides statistical decision-making at the point of production and delivers real-time, actionable information to where it is needed most. With thousands of installed facilities worldwide and distributors across the globe, DataNet is dedicated to delivering a high level of customer service and support, shop-floor expertise, and professional Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing services.