WinSPC version 9.0.14 has been released and is now available for download.
Customers with an active ESC (Extended Service Coverage) account are eligible to receive the new version.
FEATURES IN RELEASE 9.0.14
The following new features are included in this release:
- Feature Request 2713: WinSPC’s ability to communicate with external serial devices has been enhanced. In many cases, WinSPC can now detect when a connection to a serial device gets severed and, within a few seconds, automatically restore that connection. As a result, the need to unload and then reload a collection plan that suffers a severed connection is considerably reduced, rendering disconnections less disruptive, particularly when the network between WinSPC and the serial device is unstable. This detect-and-reconnect capability requires no customer setup; it is ready to do its work the moment WinSPC 220.127.116.11 launches.
- Feature Request 2721: Six new statistics are now available for stat panels in dashboards: Percent Above URL, Percent Above USL, Percent Below LRL, Percent Below LSL, Percent Outside Reasonable Limits, Percent Outside Spec Limits. These new statistics enable dashboard designers to display limit violations as percentages, complementing the existing ability to display them as explicit numbers. Configuring a dashboard stat panel to show these new statistics is the same as it is for any other statistic: simply select the Stat Panel component and then select the statistic from that component’s Statistic property’s list. For more information on dashboards, see the Working with Dashboards write-ups in WinSPC Help.
FIXES IN RELEASE 9.0.14
Fixes for the following defect numbers are included in this release:
- 2987: The uncommon sequence of selections in the Tags window that generated a “Value must be a member of valuelist” error no longer generate this error. (The Tags window may be accessed from the Data Collection window’s Tags toolbar button.)
- 3639: Prompting a serial device after the connection to it was severed and then restored, in many cases, no longer generates an access violation, behavior that has been observed in environments utilizing Microsoft Terminal Services. (For additional information on this fix, see Feature Request 2713 on the preceding page. That feature and this defect fix are nearly identical and the same coding change addresses both.)
- 4336: When the Tags window automatically appears after launching a collection plan, it is no longer necessary to select values for optional pull-down tags in order for the clicking of that window’s OK button to complete the loading of the collection plan. Additionally, when the only tag in the Tags window is an optional pull-down tag, clicking the Cancel button now returns the display to the window from which the collection plan was launched, as expected. (An optional tag is a tag for which the Force Entry option is disabled in the Tag Setup window.)
- 4417: Notes, assignable causes, or corrective actions submitted for an attribute in Data Collection are now immediately visible in the Attribute Analyzer. (Accelerated Defect: 4138.)
- 4418: Clicking the Cancel button in the Tags window, when that window is displayed as a result of launching a collection plan, now always returns the display to the window from which the collection plan was launched. (Accelerated Defect: 4126.)
Your main facility contact should have received an email containing the download information for WinSPC 9.0.14. If not, please contact our WinSPC Product Support by phone (248.447.0140) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request the download information or if you need assistance with the upgrade. WinSPC Product Support is available Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. EST.
About DataNet Quality Systems
DataNet Quality Systems empowers manufacturers to improve products, processes, and profitability through real-time statistical software solutions. The company’s vision is to deliver trusted and capable technology solutions that allow manufacturers to create the highest quality product for the lowest possible cost. DataNet’s flagship product, WinSPC, provides statistical decision-making at the point of production and delivers real-time, actionable information to where it is needed most. With thousands of installed facilities worldwide and distributors across the globe, DataNet is dedicated to delivering a high level of customer service and support, shop-floor expertise, and professional Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing services.