January 17, 2019
WinSPC can be set up to alert operators of production issues before defective product is turned out.
Like the basic setup, the setup of alarms is done in the Administrator window.
To start, you setup a control test template (explained below).
A control test template is how you specify the testing rules to be applied to incoming data. And the alarms to be triggered when trends or violations are detected.
To setup a control test template:
1. Click the New Control Test Template button.
2. Name and double-click the template.
3. Select a test, either a standard SPC test, such as those based on Western Electric rules.
Or one you’ve defined yourself.
For an example, we’ll select the one point beyond control limits test.
1. Enable the selected test.
2. And add a trigger (explained below), which is the term for alarms.
To add a trigger:
1. Click the Add Trigger button.
2. Choose a trigger, the Message Box for example, which pops up a message when the test is violated.
3. And configure the trigger’s settings. For the Message Box trigger, this can consist of entering text and inserting dynamic details about the event.
As needed, you can add more triggers and enable additional tests.
Next, you link the control test template to the collection plan. To do this, simply drag the template to the folder containing the collection plan, which in this case is the main collection plan folder.
Once an alarm is setup, you can preview it by right-clicking the collection plan,
selecting Data Collection,
and capturing data that violates its test.
Thank you for reading.
About DataNet Quality Systems
DataNet Quality Systems empowers manufacturers to improve products, processes, and profitability through real-time statistical software solutions. The company’s vision is to deliver trusted and capable technology solutions that allow manufacturers to create the highest quality product for the lowest possible cost. DataNet’s flagship product, WinSPC, provides statistical decision-making at the point of production and delivers real-time, actionable information to where it is needed most. With over 2500 customers worldwide and distributors across the globe, DataNet is dedicated to delivering a high level of customer service and support, shop-floor expertise, and training in the areas of Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing services.