World’s largest brand name supplier of injection molding equipment and services uses real-time SPC to assure product quality and automate data collection
SOUTHFIELD, Mich.-May 1, 2007– DataNet Quality Systems (DataNet), manufacturer of WinSPC® and QualTrend® quality improvement software, announced today that Husky Injection Molding Systems completed its implementation of statistical process control software at a second manufacturing facility.
The company’s goal is to eliminate defects and improve manufacturing profitability by:
- Automating data collection from a variety of sources, including CNCs, CMMs, devices and manual measurements into a single quality database
- Preventing process errors and rework by monitoring manufacturing processes in real-time
- Alerting shop-floor personnel and management of out-of-control situations
- Performing statistical analysis to quickly detect trends and prevent costly process errors before they occur
- Monitoring the processes of a single line or a holistic plant floor performance from a single desktop
Company representatives report they chose WinSPC for its ease-of-use for shop-floor operators, its ability to easily capture data from a wide variety of sources, and its administrative ease in supporting production changes. WinSPC’s administrative templates offer fast administration and the flexibility to support large-scale production changes quickly–such as switching from a five feature inspection to thirty, within three-to-five mouse clicks. Additionally, WinSPC offers multiple language support options and multiple plant monitoring capabilities that provide a bird’s eye view of multiple processes.
The company purchased WinSPC last year and wrapped up the duel-plant implementation after launching WinSPC at its Bolton, Ontario, Canada site this April. DataNet’s solution delivery team assisted in the three-day installation, where it programmed WinSPC to import text files from CNC and CMM machines, perform scheduled queries of machine databases, and report quality data in real-time.