April 26, 1999
Microsoft Announces “Winning on Windows® – the ISV 75”
SOUTHFIELD, Mich.—April 26, 1999–Based on a 650 percent increase in sales in 1998, DataNet Quality Systems (DQS) has been named one of the 75 fastest-growing independent software vendors for Windows by Microsoft Corp. and CMP Media. DQS develops the WinSPC® line of Windows-based software products providing realtime statistical process control (SPC) for manufacturers worldwide.
Microsoft’s announcement last week resulted from of a survey of 25,000 independent vendors of software for Windows platforms conducted by Reality Research, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of CMP Media. DQS is the only vendor of SPC software for enterprise-wide quality management to qualify for the “Winning on Windows® – the ISV 75” program. DQS ranks fourth on the list of 75 fastest-growing software companies of all types.
DQS vice president Ned Greenberg says his company’s rapid growth stems from the 1997 introduction of WinSPC C/S, the first realtime, client/server-based statistical process control software for Windows, and the subsequent introduction of WinSPC C/S Enterprise for managing quality processes on an enterprise-wide scale. WinSPC C/S systems operate on PCs running Windows 95/98/NT and 2000.
First-time capabilities for industry. “Automotive and aerospace suppliers as well as food, chemical and pharmaceutical processors recognize the need for positive control of factory floor processes plus ready access, on a corporatewide basis, to full information about those processes and what is being produced with them. WinSPC C/S software, especially the Enterprise version, puts all this within their grasp for the first time,” Greenberg says.
WinSPC C/S Enterprise integrates an array of first-time capabilities for SPC software:
- 32-bit, client/server architecture
- closed loop control, providing intelligent feedback to processes in order to prevent rather than simply report non-conformances
- multi-lingual support
- on-demand batch report printing initiated from anywhere in the enterprise
- extensive communication using industry standards such as OPC, OLE Automation, COM/DCOM, Active X, DDE and others for easy interfacing to ERP, MRP, MES, W-I-P, SCM and other applications
- fast, native-mode communication with multiple SQL databases
- ability to create parts and specifications dynamically in SPC software from legacy databases and other manufacturing application systems (without redundant entry)
- vendor reporting and quality documentation in customer-defined standard formats
- complete audit trail with integrity and security features for ISO/QS/FDA reporting conformances.
“WinSPC C/S Enterprise software integrates traditionally discrete functions and communicates information throughout the enterprise in realtime so that managers can act upon current quality information. This software is helping manufacturers make realtime, intelligent SPC the nucleus of enterprise-wide quality management,” Greenberg says.
“This is what industry has been requesting. Companies moving up to WinSPC C/S software say our response to their needs is the best by far.”
This year’s “Winning on Windows” award to Datanet by Microsoft Corp. and CMP Media follows a major award at an ISA Expo where WinSPC C/S Enterprise software won the first-ever President’s Award as the Most Innovative Technology Product.