November 4, 2007
Latest version of real-time SPC software to be released to general public December 3, 2007
SOUTHFIELD, Mich.- Nov. 8, 2007– DataNet Quality Systems (DataNet), developers of WinSPC® and QualTrend®quality improvement software, announced today that WinSPC Version 7.1 will be available for general release on December 3, 2007. The much-anticipated SPC software release offers new functionality and improved administrative features designed to further enhance productivity and improve process quality control for the manufacturing industry. The release will be made available to customers who have a current support contract with DataNet.
“WinSPC Version 7.1 reflects DataNet’s dedication to the Quality Control software market and solidifies our position as a leader in real-time SPC software,” said DataNet’s President Ned Greenberg. “The Version 7 releases incorporate significant enhancements based on feedback from our customers. We plan to continue to focus our development efforts on delivering customer-driven, high-impact functionality.”
WinSPC is real-time SPC software that allows quality engineers and shop-floor operators to monitor in-line production and quality data to ensure product and process conformance. The software is used by a variety of manufacturers to:
- Collect quality data from machines, devices and data sources
- Control and monitor processes in real time
- Perform advanced statistical analysis
- Create and distribute quality reports across the enterprise
- Close the quality loop from detection-to-correctionTM
Version 7.1 introduces several new features and functions including:
New Data Collection Features
- Innovative blueprint data collection mode improves ease-of-use and simplifies manual data entry for shop floor operators by displaying a blueprint or other image on the screen. This feature prompts operators to enter values into the area on the image that corresponds to the part they are inspecting.
- Improved spreadsheet data collection mode offers real-time monitoring by allowing operators to view and capture multiple characteristic values on one screen.
- Enhanced tag value collection from external data sources improves real-time monitoring and data capture when collecting data from serial devices, text files, OLE Automation servers, OPC servers and ODBC data sources.
- Expanded support for OPC servers auto-detects and communicates with OPC version 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 data access interfaces, allowing customers to automatically or manually collect data from the most recent versions of an OPC server.
New Administrative Features
- Redesigned Collection Plan setup saves administration timeby allowingusers to quickly set up the steps of a collection plan from one dialog box.
- Enhanced Event Log improves audit trail maintenance and product traceability by allowing users (especially those who must comply with FDA 21 CFR Part 11 regulations) to quickly and easily store, search, trace, filter, sort and review system data in an event log.
- Integrated Reason Code improves ease-of-compliance with regulatory requirements by allowing administrators the ability to prompt operators for reason codes and document the codes within the system event log.
- Simplified Control Test administration enhancements improve ease-of-use and productivity by allowing users one-click access and drag and drop functionality for applying control tests through the WinSPC Administrator window toolbar.
- Expanded online Help System improves operator learning curves and productivity by providing detailed descriptions of WinSPC screens, icons, features and more. Accessible from nearly any screen in WinSPC, an operator is only one click away from step-by-step instructions for the task at hand.