Dana Corporation, an automotive parts manufacturer with sales of $7.2 billion, reported that it used WinSPC to reduce supplier defects per million by 40%, attaining its ROI in less than 6 months.
Director of Quality
Dana recognized the need to have up to-the-minute supply chain performance metrics available for management and plant-floor personnel to effectively manage its supply chain. Dana was looking for a solution that would provide one-stop decision-making for supply chain, plant and corporate management processes.
Dana chose QualTrend for the following reasons:
- QualTrend integrates with Dana’s Enterprise-Wide Portal to distill and deliver timely production and quality metrics
- QualTrend enables the monitoring of supplier performance metrics on a global basis
- QualTrend provides management and plant-floor decision makers with a ‘dashboard’ of information to enable Dana to focus on the problems rather than searching the data
- QualTrend globally tracks the quality of Dana’s products as received by its customers
- QualTrend leverages existing systems, saving the time and cost required to implement a new system
QualTrend enables four Dana facilities to monitor 25 manufacturing, assembly and research operations in 16 countries to provide up-to-the minute supply-chain performance metrics for management and plant-floor personnel to effectively manage their supply chain.
Dana cited the following benefits achieved with QualTrend:
- Experienced more than a 40 per cent reduction in supplier PPM
- Attained ROI in less than six months
- Supported balanced scorecard electronically by automating the aggregation and analysis of data man hours
About DataNet Quality Systems
DataNet Quality Systems empowers manufacturers to improve products, processes, and profitability through real-time statistical software solutions. The company’s vision is to deliver trusted and capable technology solutions that allow manufacturers to create the highest quality product for the lowest possible cost. DataNet’s flagship product, WinSPC, provides statistical decision-making at the point of production and delivers real-time, actionable information to where it is needed most. With over 2500 customers worldwide and distributors across the globe, DataNet is dedicated to delivering a high level of customer service and support, shop-floor expertise, and training in the areas of Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing services.