Location: DataNet Quality Systems Headquarters
Length: 1 day
What will the attendee take away from this training?
- A better understanding of SPC fundamentals
- An ability to interpret Control charts, Histograms and Pareto charts
- Skill in calculating and interpreting Cp, Cpk and other statistics
- Confidence in choosing the right SPC chart for a data set
Who should attend this training?
- Anyone interested in learning the basics of SPC.
- Anyone who expects to pursue more advanced SPC application or process improvement training
- Students are required to bring a calculator.
- What is SPC?
- SPC - History
- Why SPC?
- The 7 SPC tools
- Check Sheets
- Pareto Charts
- The 80/20 Rule
- Different types of Pareto
- Pareto based on numbers
- Pareto based on cost
- How to use Pareto for prioritization?
- Cause and Effect diagram
- How to construct the Fishbone diagram?
- Control charts
- Data and data types
- Discrete data
- Continuous data
- Understanding sample size and subgroups
- Common and assignable cause
- Difference between Specification, control and warning limits
- Variable – Xbar-R, Xbar-S, X-MR
- Attribute – p, np, u, c
- What are runs, trends, cycles? What do they indicate?
- Choosing the right control chart for a data set
- Standard Deviation
- What does the distribution indicate?
- Process Capability Studies
- How to calculate Cp, Cpk, Pp, Ppk?
- What do the indices tell about process capability?
- Scatter diagram
- Types of relations
- Correlation Analysis
- What SPC tool(s) should you use during process improvements?
- The Do’s and Don’ts of an SPC implementation
- How can you make SPC work for you?
- How can WinSPC help with your SPC needs?