Wireless Measurement Systems
Wireless data collection makes it easier to bring your gauge to what is being measured, rather than bringing what is being measured to your gauge. Collect measurements with handheld gauges (calipers, micrometers, etc.) and other instruments, and send wirelessly to your PC.
A typical wireless system is comprised of a transmitter and a base. Our selection of both gives you the greatest range of options and flexibility for wireless measurement collection, supporting the broadest range of digital and RS-232 gauges, scales, etc. from manufacturers such as Brown & Sharpe, CDI, Flexbar, Fowler, LMI, Mahr Federal, Mitutoyo, Ono Sokki, Starrett and Sylvac. For pricing information or to determine which hardware is right for your operation, call us at 1-866-4WINSPC or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transmitters can be mobile modules or remotes used to capture measurements from digital and RS-232 gauges and devices.
- Digital Mobile Module - used to capture measurements from most digital and RS-232 handheld gauges such as calipers, micrometers, digital indicators, etc.
- Command Mobile Module - functions the same as the Digital Mobile Module, with the additional ability to send a command from a base unit to initiate a gauge reading.
- RS-232 Mobile Module - supports RS-232 gauges not supported by the Digital Mobile Module or the Command Mobile Module.
- RS-232 Remote - used when you have an RS-232 serial device, such as a gauge interface or a scale, in a non-mobile setup that you want to connect to the wireless system.
Bases receive measurements from Mobile Modules and Remotes and transfer the measurement data to your PC.
- USB Base - receives measurements from Mobile Modules and Remotes. Connects directly to a USB port on a PC or a laptop. It is powered by the USB port.
- RS-232 Base receives measurements from Mobile Modules and Remotes. Connects directly to an RS-232 serial port and is powered by a separate AC adapter.
- Works directly with WinSPC.
- Multiple wireless channel selection.
- Internal antenna on USB Base and RS-232 Base.
- User configurable continuous read options.
- Features such as receiver energy detection and link quality detection are built in.
- All data is guaranteed reliable as it is processed with redundancy and checksum features.
- Instant on 250K wireless baud rate makes for extremely fast transmissions.
- No wireless transmissions are occurring until a reading is requested. With a packet transmitter time of only 15 msec the total radio "on" time may be a minute or two a day. 5,000 readings equals less than 2 minutes of actual "air" time.
- Control over 15 wireless channels allows the user to operate in unoccupied frequencies.