Looking for a career where you can make an impact? An environment that reveres ingenuity and creativity? A company that applauds your individualism, new ideas and risk-taking? If so, we want to hear from you. DataNet offers a flexible work environment, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Health and dental insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Long term care insurance
If you meet the criteria and wish to be considered, please email your resume or fax it to 248.357.4933.
Although there are no immediate openings for the positions listed below, we encourage qualified individuals to submit their resume for future consideration.
Sr. Software Sales Executive
The Senior Software Sales Executive is responsible for developing new business, managing a sales pipeline, and driving sales revenue within an established solution sales framework. The individual filling this position must have a successful track record selling enterprise software to manufacturers and must be equally comfortable interacting with engineers, IT professionals, and manufacturing executives.
Some specific responsibilities in meeting sales goals include:
- Qualifying prospects by identifying business goals and gaining agreement on solution
- Establishing rapport with prospects, answering RFIs and conducting product demonstrations, creating cost/benefit analyses of solution, preparing quotations, and negotiating to close
- Deepening relationship with key customers to create additional opportunities within current corporate accounts
- Identifying new prospects through research and referral
- Prospecting to develop new business opportunities
- Initiating sales campaigns to targeted databases and other lead sources
- Managing structured sales process with new and existing prospects
- Maintaining accurate forecast of sales pipeline
- Keeping management informed through activity and results reports, analysis, and action plans
- Remaining informed regarding industry trends, market activities, and competitors
- 5+ years professional experience selling enterprise software to manufacturers
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude and self-motivated
- Professional and technical knowledge through attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Background in manufacturing quality is a plus
Marketing Communications Specialist
The Marketing Communications Specialist supports projects across all areas of marketing, including advertising and promotional programs, public relations, trade shows, internet-based marketing, and software product marketing. The individual holding this position:
- Participates in the development of plans for product promotion in support of marketing objectives.
- Provides support in communicating the corporate image through researching, writing and editing press releases, white papers, internet-based communications, sales collateral and product marketing plans.
- Oversees the writing, editing and authenticating of technical and promotional materials, including success stories, product descriptions, data sheets, newsletters and brochures.
- Analyzes and interprets data to determine appropriate syntax, style and grammatical usage required for documents.
- Works on the planning, implementation, development and communication of new marketing programs.
- Assists with the development and execution of marketing research, tactical lead generation programs and marketing metrics reporting.
- Coordinates/manages internet marketing activities and is responsible for maintaining and enhancing company website.
- Manages print production activities.
- Coordinate logistics for events and trade shows, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials and pre- and post-event promotions. Coordinates exhibit set-up, equipment and other related requirements.
- Procures and coordinates vendor services.
- 3-5 years experience in software or technical services B2B marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related field
- Strong copy editing and writing skills (portfolio required)
- Demonstrated experience supporting a variety of marketing communications projects
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand and communicate technical concepts
Software Support Analyst
DataNet is seeking a hands-on Support Analyst to join our Customer Services team. The position’s mission is to ensure the success of DataNet’s customers by providing prompt and accurate answers to application questions as well as to research and communicate corrective actions to resolve customer issues. The individual filling this position will be interacting with customers in a variety of industries and must be courteous and capable, have excellent communication skills and strong technical abilities. The individual must be self-motivated, and equally able to work independently or in a team.
- Providing front-line support for incoming calls and emails; responding to application and integration questions from customers and partners
- Investigating customer incidents; identifying and reproducing software and/or hardware issues
- Providing consistent follow-up with customers, communicating status reports and/or incident resolution paths
- Prioritizing, escalating and tracking incidents as needed
- Documenting all support interactions in the support database
- Researching and recording functional information in the knowledge base
- Working effectively with other Customer Services team members, as well as cross-departmentally with developers, quality control specialists and others
The internal growth opportunities from this position include senior application and solutions engineering positions in the Customer Services department.
- Minimum 1 year experience in software product support role interacting directly with customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven competence with Windows OS platforms, Windows networks, and relational database applications (Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle preferred)
Experience in a manufacturing environment or with RS232 devices is a plus.
Software Application Engineer
DataNet is seeking a hands-on Application Engineer to join our Customer Services team. The position mission is to ensure the success of our customers by providing support, installation, configuration and training assistance for DataNet software applications, and to guide the integration of DataNet software into our customers’ Quality programs. The individual filling this position must have excellent communication skills, a technical background, and an ability to work with a wide variety of individuals. The person must be equally able to work independently or with a team.
A significant amount of domestic travel is possible in this position. Travel schedules vary, but as much as 50% of work time may be spent at customer locations.
- Conducting on-site installation and system configuration of DataNet applications at customer facilities
- Leading application training sessions to administrators and shop floor personnel at customer facilities
- Interfacing software applications with manufacturing production devices such as CMMs, CNCs and PLCs, as well as with enterprise software such as ERP, MES and HMI systems
- Interpreting customer requirements, defining and designing proposed solutions, drafting functional specifications, coding custom applications and reports and delivering end products to customers in timely fashion
- Providing front-line support for incoming calls and emails and promptly responding to customers regarding application, deployment and integration questions
- Investigating customer incidents and working cross-departmentally to resolve software and/or hardware issues
- Documenting details of integration and other services provided to customers
- Providing sales engineering support as needed
- Computer Science Degree and/or at least 2 years of professional programming experience
- Proven skills with programming language (Visual Basic.net or C# preferred), relational database applications (Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle preferred), Windows OS platforms and Windows networks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with shop floor manufacturing operations, Quality or SPC
- Experience conducting technical training classes
- Experience implementing enterprise software
- Experience working directly with customers